top of page

Benefit Guide for Children

Image by Brooke Cagle

If you have a child under the age of 16, you may be able to claim Disability Living Allowance (DLA) to help with the extra costs of looking after them.

Disability Assist only supports disabled adults in Kent and is unable to assist children. However, we receive numerous queries from parents so we have collated a list of resources below which may be useful for you.

If you are unable to fill in a DLA form on behalf of your child, you may ask the DWP to refer you to the DWP Visiting Team who can arrange to help you. It would be easiest to request this when you contact the DWP to request the forms.

You can find further information on how to claim from the Government website:

Parents and young people can also contact an adviser for support through your local Citizens Advice:

The Citizens Advice website also has information on making an appeal and mandatory reconsideration:

The downloadable guide found below also gives guidance from the DWP on what happens once you send your claim form to them.

How helpful was this information?How helpful was this information?

If you would like to provide more feedback please provide your email address and we'll get in touch.

Thank you for your feedback

bottom of page